domingo, 5 de junio de 2011

Can I have three quarters of Soul?

The soul. Object of frequent discussion throughout the history. It has been coveted, revered and even worshiped for generations.
I, due to my non secular education, never have given much value to it.
It doesn’t take part in any of the body’s basic functions; it doesn’t make me prettier, richer or smarter, that’s the reason why for me is hard to find the difference between the soul and the appendix, besides the fact that with the last one, you will get it removed at the slightest little thing.
Actually, I have always thought, that so far the soul has saved itself, thanks to the fact that even if it has filled millions of pages it has never been in any of the modern medicine books.
Because having a soul entails a lot of effort. It requires a special care, and not paying attention to it has serious consequences, worse that the ones being overweight could bring. Any lost soul could tell you, you can’t deny, that they would have been much happier with a quick cut on time.

Personally, this soul thing got me down. Not only I had to take care of cholesterol levels and blood pressure, kept myself fit and updated with the latest news, but I also had a soul to preserve.
Thank goodness in today’s consumer society anything is for sale, so the day I was offered a good deal for mine, I didn’t doubt for a second to get rid of it.
After all I had been living without an appendix for a while and nothing had happened, what could possibly go wrong?

I redeemed my soul for eternal youth. Concretely I decided to go back to my twenties, to a smooth and firm body, a rising value nowadays.
Imagine my happiness when, after such profitable exchange, I found a new reflection of myself, where you could obviously appreciate a firm butt, and a pair of tits that challenged the dreaded law of gravity.

But a deal that, at first seemed to have so many advantages, ended up having some unexpected side effects. As the same mirror that showed my firm silhouette, refused to reflect my traditional composure, great self-assurance, natural manner and sensual serenity.
Where I had lost my essence. Was it part of the soul I gave away? Or did it belong to the years I spurned? 

Without thinking it twice, I decided to exercise my right of unsatisfied customer and demanded my soul back. However between the shipping and the administration costs, I only had three quarters back.
Together with my three quarters of soul, came back one by one the years I had given up, and with them my inner nature of “femme fatal”.

Who wants the inexperience of youth today, having aesthetic surgery.



No hay comentarios: